Friday, March 19, 2010

The MJ Show #48 (Fans Series - Akshay Sawant's Top 10 Songs)

So we're back with another episode of the Fans Series! Songs selected by you...the listeners for this show.
Tonight I have Akshay Sawant's top 10 here. Have a look at what he has to say about himself :)


Akshay Sawant (AS): "I am Akshay Sawant currently doing my Bachelor of Arts in History. Besides that I enjoy working as a freelance graphic designer - so most of the songs I like help in inspiring some new designs, help me relax or kill the boredom. :) Not been so exposed to classical but I still enjoy them. This is what I have come up with.
Have to tell you this had a hard time putting all my favorites in together among the other songs, hope this one makes it :)"

1st Song - Green Day - Brain Stew #TheMJshow
AS: This one is dedicated to my current life and also this is my favorite band.
MJ: I'll admit that I've not heard a lot of Green Day. I know my mistake...but whatever I've heard I really like and this sounds like a really interesting song :)


2nd Song - Gorillaz - El Manana #TheMJshow
AS: This is such a mind chillin' song ... and besides all the videos from Gorillaz has amazing visual effects.
MJ: LOVE the video. Absolutely brilliant!


3rd Song - Jason Mraz - I'm Yours #TheMJshow
AS: This is a song I definitely wanna learn to play on the guitar (when I get one :-P)
MJ: This is such a fabulous melody. I loved this one the moment I heard it. Brilliant song!


4th Song - Limp Bizkit - Take A Look Around #TheMJshow
AS: Love this song from the Mission Impossible days - such an awesome soundtrack.
MJ: Limp Bizkit was the shit back then. Loved their first album a LOT! And this song was #epicwin in twitterspeak :)


5th Song - Hans Zimmer & James Newton - A Watchful Guardian #TheMJshow
AS: I don't know how many people love to listen to original scores from the movies but I know for sure I do love them- this has to be the best score (at least for me) from the movie The Dark Knight.
MJ: Interesting song choice. I loved The Dark Knight and I totally get where you're coming from. A movie needs a great soundtrack to be really effective and this movie had a great one for sure!


6th Song - Tyler Bates - Fever Dream #TheMJshow
AS: Another score of my choice :-) from the movie 300.
MJ: Another brilliant movie. I just recently saw it again. Man! Great song choice once again!


7th Song - Hans Zimmer - Discombobulate #TheMJshow
AS: Last but not the least soundtrack for the movie Sherlock Holmes. Good piece of work- gives an amazing feel of the old times.
MJ: Another stunning movie. How good were Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr.in this one eh?


8th Song - The Eagles - Hotel California #TheMJshow
AS: I have to say this but this song remind me of my schools days! Ah those lovely memories :-) and also this song has been a major HIT to all the singing competitions in the school. :-P
MJ: Gaah! Okay. Once again then. Here's an interesting live version of the song.
Don't get me wrong. It's a GREAT song...but if I gave you wada pav to eat for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and then gave it to you again and again...even something as awesome as wada pav will ick you out right? :)


9th Song - Metallica - St. Anger #TheMJshow
AS: This first Metallica song I have listened to. Have nothing to say about it. :-)
MJ: Okay then...here it is :)


10th Song - OK GO - Invincible #TheMJshow
AS: Lastly this one makes me do all the things I don't want to do :-P the title says it all. Seriously, don't ask.
MJ: I won't. Let's go straight into the song? :)


That's it for tonight.
Really interesting choice of songs I must say. Thanks for that Akshay.
If you want to be the next on the Fans Series on The MJ Show, mail me your top 10 songs, a little about all the songs and a little about yourself. Mail me at musicmanmihir@gmail.com

Right then...It's time for me to say...take care...and good night! :)
This is your Musicman Mihir...signing off!


Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Gorgeous Beaches of Goa

Back to TOP