Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Old times and old movies.

I love old movies. Old english movies to be precise.
I love the idyllic world they portrayed. I loved the clothes and the fact that when they broke into a song and dance it seemed natural and proper. I often think that I should do that too.
I mean why not eh? If I was a super lyricist...there are so many moments in life you want to sing and dance to. I do actually use the words of singers and songwriters before me and it kinda seems appropriate even. What can I say...I'm kinda silly...but think about it...who knows maybe you'll agree with me too. Break into a song if you feel its proper. No harm...and it feels awesome :)
Trust me on that.

I loved it when men were gentlemen and women were ladies. I loved that they'd wear a hat! I'd love to wear a coat and a tie. And a tuxedo when I went to a party! And a bow tie!! Holy cow that was the best.
Like I said, its silly stuff but thats me.

It was nice...the world that they lived in.
Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney, the swashbuckling Errol Flynn (he was the man!) and Marilyn Monroe (she was the ultimate lady).
I loved em all...and it kinda feels nice that they're still alive in my imagination.

Wish they'd bring back TNT/TCM though. Whaddaya say?

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Gorgeous Beaches of Goa

Back to TOP