Tuesday, May 01, 2012

The MJ Show #123 - "Midnight" Songs

Back in the day on FM Rainbow, I used to do shows with odd themes at times. I've noticed that there are some words in the rock n roll dictionary that song writers across the ages fall in love with and they're used over and over again. Tonight's show will prove this theory with the following songs and with the word "Midnight".
Before going any further...think to yourself. How many songs can you name with the word "Midnight" somewhere in the title. Did you get one...two...maybe...five? :) 
Well here's a whole long more. Check out these songs. You may not have heard a lot of them...but take my word for it...if the title's got the word "Midnight" in it...it's pretty surely a pretty kick ass song :) 
Don't take my word for it. Listen to them and tell me what you think. :)


Midnight Caller - Badfinger




Midnight From The Inside Out - The Black Crowes





Midnight In Her Eyes - The Black Keys





The Midnight Special - CCR





Sister Midnight - Iggy Pop


After Midnight - J.J. Cale
(Originlly a J. J. Cale song, it was also covered by Clapton in his self titled debut album in 1970. Here's a live version of the song featuring both Clapton and Cale!)




Midnight Moonlight - Old and in the Way (Bluesgrass supergroup featuring Jerry Garcia)





Fire At Midnight - Jethro Tull





Burning Of The Midnight Lamp - the Jimi Hendrix Experience





Living After Midnight - Judas Priest





Midnight Special - Lead Belly





Lady Midnight - Leonard Cohen


In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) - ABBA


Midnight Flyer - Eagles


Midnight in Chelsea - Jon Bon Jovi


Midnight Rambler - The Rolling Stones


Midnight Show - The Killers


Midnight Train - Buddy Guy


Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips


Two Minutes To Midnight - Iron Maiden


Midnight's Another Day - Brian Wilson




Midnight Rider - The Allman Brothers

Midnight in Montgomery - Alan Jackson

The last song here...was the reason that I actually thought of tonight's episode. Midnight In Montgomery is one of my favourite songs by Alan Jackson. It always gives me chills. The song was playing in my head and then I realized that there are a lot of songs with the word "Midnight" in the title...and well hence tonight's show :)
If I've missed a song you love with the word "Midnight" in it's title...let me know either on https://www.facebook.com/mihirjoshipage or right here in the comments. 
Also if you can think of another popular word that's in a lot of song names let me know and we'll do a show around that word in the new "Song Names Series" that I'm starting off tonight with the word "Midnight".
I can think of one word, that I had done a show around back on radio. The word was "Black". Expect that soon :)
Also expect two fantastic guests on the show in the next few days.
I'll be having my friends Sachin Kalbag (@sachinkalbag - Editor of Midday) and Gul Panag (@gulpanag - do I really need to introduce her in any way) on the show very soon!

Anyway...it's almost midnight now...and it is now time for me to say good night and take care! :)
This is your Musicman...Mihir Joshi...signing off!



blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Gorgeous Beaches of Goa

Back to TOP